Thursday, 3 October 2013

Q&A, Part Two

Q. What essential shoes can you recommenced me buying for autumn/winter? I'm a young girl who likes to dress smartly, and have a similar style to you, but all I have is summer shoes! However much I love my sandals, they really aren't suitable for winter. Any help would be appreciated. 
A. Hi there! Ah I love questions like this, nothing better than new autumn/winter clothes. It’s important to think about the weather and wearabiliity when it comes to a/w styling - I think a lot of people get a bit carried and overload it. The things you’ll need for the season are as follows; a oversized coat, a good smart dress, a pair of warm trousers, and shoes that won’t get wrecked in the weather. Thankfully there are a lot of really good styles that are out on the market at the moment. A personal favourite of mine at the moment is the Kurt Gieger range at John Lewis. I've found over the years that you can always trust Kurt Gieger as a brand to come up with some incredibly wearable and trustworthy shoes. Their Autumn/Winter range is pretty impressive this year. I've spent the last week bookmarking my favourites on the John Lewis website in fact. The best way to approach winter footwear is in three pairs that are stylish and can be worn in multiple different circumstances. 
I absolutely love these 'Lille' Court Shoes. The pointed toe and kitten heel are stylish, comfortable and incredibly wearable. I see these as a great Autumn work shoe to wear before it's too cold to go without socks. I'd pair them with a some black cigarette pants, a crisp white shirt and a black trench coat, perfect for school or work. Of course, being the massive brogue lover that I am, I just HAD to include these beautiful 'Stothard' shoes. Brogues are perfect for winter, and these are definitely worth the money. Of course, I couldn't forget a trusty pair of trainers. These 'Dash' High-tops have a lovely suede and leather fabric, and their platform adds a little bit of height without being too reminiscent of that awful trainer heel trend - evidently I wasn't a fan. Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay golden, Ponyboy

masculine/feminine. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.