Thursday, 4 December 2014

Weekend inspiration

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 17.25.02 Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 17.24.07
"The memory of things gone is important to a jazz musician" - Louis Armstrong

I was asked a very challenging question the other day. It honestly made me stop and think for a long, long time. The question was part of an anoymous message on tumblr, a message that I still haven't replied to. Some curious soul asked my opinions on the crossover between music and fashion. This post isn't going to be some long, rambling debate on scene kids, lady Gaga's meat dress, or even Harry style's leopard print jacket, so look away now if that's your thing. 

I still don't know the answer to that question, but it did inspire me to do some research. I stumbled across the s/s 10 press kit, for Assembly New York's mens debut. The clothes are modeled by infamous NY jazz musician, Giuseppe Logan. They really, really touched me. The raw emotion written in his face, and the modern sillohettes and fabrics of the clothing are such a wonderful contrast. Such an unusual, yet special way to showcase designs. Just a little bit of inspiration to brighten up your wintery friday - brew a hot cup of coffee, cosy up under layers upon layers and listen to The Guiseppi Logan Quartet, Blecker Partita on repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay golden, Ponyboy

masculine/feminine. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.